Wednesday 16 January 2008

One Foot in Front of the Other


I've just found out that Michael the author of the blog One Foot in Front of the Other has died yesterday after a long struggle with cancer. I've been following his blog off-and-on for several years and was always moved by his poems, his outstanding photographs and the way in which he has dealt with the inevitability of his approaching death. It has been, for me, possibly the best and moving Buddhist-related blog out there.

Having been absent for a while, I was a little disturbed by the tone of his latest posts and realising how much he had deteriorated. My own response to his final gruelling poem, like many others I'm sure, is lost, hanging in the ether for eternity.

A sad loss and another lesson on impermanence.

No comments:

Post a Comment